Confederation of Central Government
Employees & Workers
A2/95, Rajouri Garden,
New Delhi – 110027
Phone: 011-25105324; Mobile: 9811048303
Dated 2nd January, 2009
The Central Government employees organizations affiliated to the Confederation of Central Government Employees and workers held a massive rally at Jantar Mantar today to serve the strike notice on the Government of India. The Strike Notice has been handed over to the Cabinet Secretary, Government of India, New Delhi. The Confederation has decided in its National Executive committee meeting held at New Delhi on 13th December, 2008 to organize an indefinite strike action from 20th January, 2009 demanding settlement of the 20 point Charter of demands inter alia including the grant of Minimum wage as per the 15th ILC norms, improvement in the fitment formula of pay fixation over the recommendations of the 6th CPC, better financial benefit on promotion on par with the officers of the Government of India, lifting the ban on recruitment, stopping the outsourcing and privatization of Governmental functions, demanding the Government not to accept the recommendation for the abolition of about 9.7 lakhs Group D Posts in the Government, lifting the arbitrary ceiling of 5% on compassionate appointments acceptance of the Board of Arbitration awards etc . All the affiliated organizations have served the strike notices to the Heads of respective Departments. Similar rallies will be held at all State Capitals on 5th and 6th January, 2009
The copy of the strike notice served today is enclosed.
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS
A/2/95 Rajouri Garden
New Delhi. 110 027
Phone: 011 2510 5324
Fax 011 2510 5324
Mobile: 98110 48303
Conf/ D-9/2007 Dated: 2nd January, 2009
The Cabinet Secretary,
Rastrapathy Bhawan Annexe,
New Delhi – 110 001.
This is to give notice that the employees who are members of the affiliates of the Confederation of Central Government employees and workers will go on indefinite strike from 20th January 2009. The Demands in pursuance of which the employees will embark upon the strike action is enclosed.
Enclosure, Charter of Demands.
Charter of demand
Part I. 6th CPC related issues
1. Grant Rs 10000 as minimum wage as per 15 ILC Norms.
2. Grant minimum fitment benefit of 2.625 times of pre-revised basic pay to bring about uniform rise of 40% in emoluments and raise grade pay to 50% of the maximum of the pre-revised scales in respect of PB 1,2 & 3 as has been done in the case of PB 4.
3. No abolition of Gr.D. Posts and functions. Lift ban on recruitment, fill up all vacant posts and scrap screening Committee.
4. Grant 10% of pay+ Grade pay as minimum benefit on promotion or financial up gradation.
5. Fix the date of effect of all allowances as 1.1.2006.
6. No performance related pay or bonus scheme
7. Revise the Transport and daily allowances as demanded by the staff side JCM National Council.
8. Remove the condition of 6 months for applying the uniform date of Ist July as increment dates.
9 . ACP to be on hierarchical system obtaining in each department.
10. Retain and improve CGHS and make insurance scheme optional
11. Implement flexitime working hours for women/disabled employees as recommended by the 6 CPC and remove clause (iv) of OM No.13019/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 18th Nov. 2008 on Child Care Leave.
12. Direct all the Departmental Heads to settle 6th CPC related department specific demands/problems within a stipulated time
13. Grant civil servant status and Pension to 'Gramin Dak-Sevaks.'
14. No reduction in the commutation value and restoration of full pension after 12 years.
15. Compute the pension entitlement on the basis of notional pay as on 1.1.1996
Demands pending settlement for long in the National Council JCM
1. No outsourcing or contractorisation of Govt. functions.
2. Grant statutory defined pension scheme to the employees recruited after 1.1.2004 and withdraw the PFRDA Bill from Parliament.
3. Implement the Board of Arbitration Awards.
4.Remove the arbitrary 5% ceiling and 3 years condition on compassionate appointment and withdraw court cases and absorb all waitlisted RRR candidates.
5. Implement the revision of bonus ceiling @ 3500/- in the case of all personnel employed by the Government including casual/contingent and daily rated workers and Grameen Dak Sewaks. Replace adhoc bonus with the PLB and remove the 60 days ceiling.