The Steering Committee of Government Employees Organisations on PFRDA bill met today ie 29th August 2011 at 14 hours I n the AIRF Head Quarters (4, State Entry Road, New Delhi).
The following were present
1. Com Shiv Gopal Mishra, General Secretary, All India Railwaymen Federation (AIRF)
2. " SK Vyas, President, Confederation of Central Govt Employees & Workers &
3. " SN Pathak, President, All India Defence Employees Federation (AIDEF)
4. " C. Sreekumar, General Secretary, AIDEF
5. " Sukomal Sen, Sr Vice President, All India State Govt Employees Federation (AISGEF)
6. " R. Muthusundaram, Secretary General, AISGEF
7. " M. S. Raja, Secretary, Confederation of Central Govt Employees & Workers
8. " Shyam Sundar, Secretary General, Bharat Central Pensioners Confederation
9. " K. Rajendran, General Secretary, School Teachers Federation of India (STFI)
10. " Kartik Mandal, President, STFI
11. " N. Narayana, Vice President, STFI
After a detailed review of developments following the National Convention, the Steering Committee took the following decisions:
1. There should be a joint committee in all stations consisting of the field formations of the participating organisations in the Steering Committee.
2. It was decided to obtain mass signature on the petition to the PM. This mass signature campaign has not picked up. It was therefore decided that all organisations should be asked to get this petition printed in each station so that it could be distributed amongst all the members of all Federations/Confederation. They have to be requested not only to put their own signature but also to obtain the signature from their family members, neighbours etc. (Copy of the draft petition for signature campaign attached)
Local joint committees of the participating organisations should ensure visits to Railway Stations, Hospitals and other public locations to obtain signature from people at large.
3. It has been decided that March to Raj Bhawan in the each state capital should organised jointly by the affiliates of participating organisations - ie AISGEF, Confederation of Central Govt employees and Workers, AIRF, STFI, AIDEF, NFIR, BSNLEU, AIFUCTO,BCPC & NCCPA – ON 6TH September 2011 to submit copy of petition to Prime Minister to the Governor for onward transmission to Prime Minister.
4. As per another decision taken in the Convention on 22nd July 2011, joint convention was to be held in every state capital. As per reports, such conventions have been held only at some state capitals. Wherever such joint convention has not been held steps may taken by forging a joint committee to convene the conventions at the earliest – latest by 30th September 2011.
Formation of joint committee may be intimated and date of the convention to be held may be intimated to Steering Committee Head Quarter as well as Federation head quarter. This will enable Steering Committee/Federation/Confederation to depute their representative to parliament in the Convention. A detailed report on the Convention held or to be held giving the names of organisations with number of participants may be sent to the Steering Committee Head Quarter as well as to the respective Federation/Confederation Head quarters.
5. The Steering Committee has decided that the March to Parliament to submit the petition to Prime Minister shall be held on 29th November 2011.
6. The Steering Committee has also decided that the date on which the PFRDA bill is taken up for consideration all government employees should organise 2-hour long demonstrations in their office premises.
All participating organisations are requested to convey these decisions to their units, copy of the circular issued by the participating organisations may be forwarded to Head Quarter of Steering Committee.
The Steering Committee will meet again at 11.30 hours on 15th October 2011 in the AIRF Head Quarter at 4, State Entry Road, New Delhi.
We shall defeat PFRDA Bill!
We shall fight till we succeed!
29 Aug 2011