GUIDELINES REGARDING ADMINISTRATION OF COVID VACCINE TO THE CGHS BENEFICIARIES OM DATED 26.03.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 26 March 2021
Sub: Guidelines regarding administration of COVID vaccine to the CGHS beneficiaries-
The Department has been receiving various representations and grievances regarding administration of COVID vaccine to the CGHS beneficiaries. The matter has been examined and it has now been decided that:
1. As per the Government of India policy, the vaccination against COVID illness is being provided free of cost to the beneficiaries at the designated government facilities. The beneficiaries are required to pay Rs. 250/- per dose in the private hospitals only. As per the policy no reimbursement has been provisioned if a beneficiary decides to get vaccinated at private empanelled hospitals, therefore the referral for .the same by the. CGHS Wellness Centers to the private hospitals is not required.
2. The planning and operational aspects for COVID-19 vaccination are in the domain of the State Governments. The District Health authorities of the State Governments are making arrangements for listing of the health facilities. for providing training, logistics, vaccinators and the vaccine to the identified facilities where COVID-19 vaccination centers are being planned and started. The CGHS does not have any role in this. A request has been made to all States to consider utilising CGHS Wellness Centres as CVC (Covid Vaccination Centre), if feasible.
3. All the beneficiaries are required to register themselves on the CoWin app and to indicate the name of the CVC where they would like to avail the vaccination and also the convenience of time at which to avail the same.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for registration and booking a vaccination appointment on CoWin:
· People can register and book an appointment for vaccination either directly through the CoWin portal or through the Arogya Setu app which js integrated with CoWin portal.
· On CoWin portal, enter your mobile number and click on the OTP (One Time Password). Enter the OTP received on your mobile and click on the verify button.
· If registering through Aarogya Setu app, go to the CoWin tab, tap on the Vaccination tab and the click on Proceed.
· A registration page will appear where you will need to fill in the beneficiary’s details, such as name, year of birth and gender. You will also need to enter the photo id type.
· If the registration is meant for a senior citizen, click on Register. If it’s for a person with co- morbidities, click on YES where the form asks, “Do you have any co-morbidities (pre- existing medical conditions)”. The beneficiaries in this category need to carry a medical certificate when they go for their vaccine appointment.
· Once registered, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number.
· After registration, the system will show the “Account Details”. On this page, you can add three more beneficiaries by clicking on Add More button.
· One person can add up to four people linked with one mobile number.
· You can schedule an appointment by clicking on a calendar icon, below a column named Action.
· You will then be taken to “Book Appointment for Vaccination” page where you will need to fill in the beneficiaries’ address details – State/UT, District, Block and Pincode. Click on the Search button once done.
· A list of vaccination centres will appear based on the search criteria.
· Upon choosing a centre, the available slots (date and capacity) will be displayed.
· After selection the dates, click on “Book”.
· A confirmation page with “Appointment Successful” message will be displayed.
· If you want to reschedule, you can again log in with your mobile number, enter OTP and make the changes by clicking on the edit icon below the ‘Action’ column against registered individuals. In case you have to move to another city, you can make changes to find the nearest vaccination centre as well.
4. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(Dr Sanjay Jain)