No. 3-12/CC/2018 09.12.2018
At the call of Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers, New Delhi, the Non-Gazetted Govt. Officers’ Association, A & N Islands had organised a Convention of the employees covered under New Pension Scheme at Andhra Association Hall, Port Blair on 8th December, 2018. Inaugurating the Convention, Shri K.G.Das, former General Secretary of the Association expressed concern over the future of employees joined the service on or after 01.01.2004 as they are denied various social security measures inherent in Old Defined Pension Scheme. He also called upon the young generation among Govt. Employees to strengthen their movement against the New Pension System.
In his address, Shri T.S.Sreekumar, General Secretary of the Association emphasised the importance of ongoing agitation at National Level as the Central Govt. is not even ready to give an assurance on minimum pension, leaving the employees at the mercy of the volatile markets for pension after retirement. Speaking on the occasion. Shri P.Sathyapal, President of the Association said that Central and State Govt. employees have planned a nation-wide strike on 8th & 9th January, 2019 and the main demand is ‘Scrapping of NPS and Restore Old Pension Scheme’. Shri S.L.Vinjit moved a resolution in the meeting urging the Govt. of India to Scrap NPS. The meeting also resolved to further strengthen the campaign and struggles against the NPS.
Earlier a Power Point presentation was screened in the meeting which analysed various Pros & Cons of NPS. Various doubts and queries by the participants were also cleared by the experts.
A large number of NPS employees working in various Departments under A & N Administration participated in the Convention. The meeting concluded with the Vote of thanks proposed by Shri R.K.Nag.
1. The News Editor, AIR, Port Blair, for inclusion in the local news bulletin.
2. The Chief Editor, The Daily Telegrams, Port Blair, for coverage please.
3. The Station Director, Doordarshan Kendra, Port Blair, for inclusion in the local news bulletin.
4. The Editor, Andaman Express, Port Blair, for coverage
5. The Editor, The Aspect, Port Blair, for coverage please.
6. The Editor, Andaman Sheekha, for coverage please.
7. The Editor, The Echo of India, for coverage please.
8. The Editor, Andaman Chronicle, for coverage please.
9. The Editor, The Phoenix Post, for coverage please.