CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES & WORKERS
A-2/95, MANISHINATH BHAWAN, RAJOURI GARDEN, NEW DELHI-110 027
Tel: 01125105324 Mobile: 9811048303
Confdn/21/2011 23rd October 2011
The National Secretariat of the Confederation met at Bangalore yesterday, ie 22nd October 2011. Due to indisposition, Com KKN Kutty, Secretary General could not attend the meeting. Com SK Vyas, President, presided.
The meeting reviewed i) the preparations for the signature campaign and the March to Parliament on 25th November 2011 and ii) the implementation of calls given by the Confederation on the Charter of Demands. The assessment of the meeting is given below.
1. The Signature campaign on the memorandum to be submitted to the Prime Minister has picked up, but there is a need to constant monitoring so that the target is completed by 15th November 2011. The meeting, therefore, decided to entrust the charge to the Secretariat members as given below.
1. Tamil Nadu/Pondichery – Coms. K Ragavendran, Mani Achari & M Duraipandian,
2. Karnataka – Com Seethalakshmi
3. Andhra Pradesh – Com SK Vyas
4. Mumbai – Coms. RP Singh & KV Jayaraj
5. Rest of Maharashtra - Com Ashok Salunkhe & PK Das
6. Orissa& Assam – Com N Somaiah
7. Uttar Pradesh – Coms Giriraj Singh & M. S. Raja
8. Madhya Pradesh – Com I. S. Dabas
9. Delhi – Com V Bhattacharjee
10. Bihar & WB – Com Piyush Roy
11. Chhattisgarh – Com M. S. Raja
12. Gujarat – Com M. S. Raja
13. Punjab & Haryana – Com RN Parashar
14. NE Region – Com. Piyush Roy
2. We will be able to meet the target of the mobilisation of 10000 for the March to Parliament on 25th November 2011.
3. The NE members-in-charge may ensure that the convention is completed by 15th November 2011 in all such stations where it is yet not over.
4. On programmes on Charter Demands formulated by National Council of Confederation at its Mumbai meeting it was felt that the momentum is yet to pick up, even though programmes have been carried out in majority of stations.
It was therefore decided to convene the National Council (ie Secretariat members, Chief Executives of affiliates and General Secretaries of State COCs) of Confederation to chalk out future course of action including date for one day strike, in pursuance of the decisions of the Mumbai National Council meeting.
The National Council meeting will be held on 16th December 2011 at Kochi, Kerala. Notice would be issued separately.
5. Com Krishnan, General Secretary, Kerala – where 6-5 lakh signature has already been collected under the banner of Steering Committee – will give brief note on their activity which shall be a model for other COCs to follow.
The Karnataka State Committee of Confederation had organised a well attended Convention on charter of demands in the afternoon session.
(M. S. Raja)