CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES & WORKERS
1st floor, North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001.
Circular No. 17 23-07-2014
1. General Secretaries, State C O Cs
2. National Secretariat Members.
3. Mahila Committee Members
4. Chief Executives of all affiliated organisations.
National Secretariat of the Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers was held on 17th July, 2014 at New Delhi under the presidentship of Com.K.K.N.Kutty. Com.S.K.Vyasji, Advisor was also present.
The meeting held detailed chapter-wise discussion on the memorandum submitted to 7th CPC by the JCM National Council, Staff side. The following decisions are taken.
1. It is decided to submit a detailed memorandum by Confederation to 7th CPC before 31-07-2014 on common demands of the Central Govt. Employees incorporating all the acceptable suggestions / additions / alterations put forward by the rank and file membership and also leaders at State / CHQ level.
2. In the maiden Budget of Modi Government none of the major demands of the Central Govt. Employees such as DA merger, Interim relief, inclusion of Gramin Dak Sevaks under 7th CPC, compassionate appointment etc. are considered. National Secretariat is of the considered opinion that submitting memorandum and interim memorandum to 7th CPC alone will not solve the problems of Central Government employees. Educating the employees and Creating mass sanction of entire employees behind the demands is a must. Hence, it is decided to organise phased agitational programmes for settlement of confederation charter of demands.
3. As it is indicated that AIRF leadership has expressed its willingness for a joint programme of action on common demands, the National Secretariat decided not to declare the Confederation’s nationwide phased programme of action, for the time being and wait for the outcome of the joint meeting being arranged by AIRF leadership. National Secretariat authorised the Headquarters Office Bearers to declare the phased programme of action later on at an appropriate time.
4. National Secretariat adopted a resolution on the continued attack by TMC hooligans on the working class of West Bengal and decided to organize “West Bengal Solidarity Day ” on 27-08-2014 throughout the country. Copy of the resolution is appended. All District / State COCs and affiliated organisations are requested to organise the programme throughout the country, in a befitting manner.
OBSERVE “WEST BENGAL SOLIDARITY DAY” ON 27-08-2014
RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY THE NATIONAL SECRETARIAT OF CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES & WORKERS HELD AT NEW DELHI ON 17TH july, 2014 ON CONTINUING ATTACKS ON THE PEOPLE AND WORKERS INCLUDING CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES OF WEST BENGAL AND SOLIDARITY TO STRUGGLES AGAINST SUCH ATTACKS.
The National Secretariat meeting of the Confederation of Central Government employees & Workers held at New Delhi on 17th July, 2014 expresses serious concern on the continuing severe attacks and intimidations on the people and working class including Central Government Employees of West Bengal by the Trinamool Congress (TMC) led goons and anti-social elements for last 37 months since May 2011. During this period more than 157 left parties and Trade Union activists were killed and the number is increasing every day. Thousands are physically attacked and injured with police administration aiding and abetting such attacks and onslaughts. Even after declaration of the election results on 16th May 2014 such attacks and intimidation have been continuing in full steam and 12 comrades including two women were brutally murdered. Several thousands are ousted from their areas of work and residence. More than 15000 comrades and activists have been implicated in false cases and many of them were even jailed for months together having been booked on non-bailable cases. Molestation and rape of women by TMC hoodlums have become almost a frequent happenings in the state. Latest has been the brutal rape of one Anganwadi Worker by TMC miscreants at Nadia District on 7th July 2014 and it is the same district where TMC MP had given open threat to get women raped by his men a few days before such dastardly incident of rape. The police has been actively patronising such attacks. After declaration of the election result, intensity of such attack has increased targeting the working people both in towns and rural areas.
Democratic right of holding meetings, rallies etc. are being sought to be denied. Refusal of permission by police administration to hold public meeting, even hall meetings, and using mike throughout the state at the instigation of TMC has become almost a regular affair.
SITUATION IN CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SERVICES:
During last strike of 12th & 13th February 2014 TMC elements with a handful of employees raised anti-strike slogans and threatened the striking employees in Aykar Bhawan and G.S.I. HQ on both the days of strike. However they could not break the strike. Our comrades avoided the provocation.
During previous one day strike called by Confederation and also during two days strike called by Central TUs, attacks were launched by TMC hooligans at Barrackpore, Kalyani, Contai, Tamluk and few other places where striking Postal comrades were manhandled. In a TSO of Barrackpore the Sub Postmaster was made to wear a garland of shoe and abused. The same was propagated through electronic media in order to defame not only that particular comrade but also all strikers. Botanical Survey of India employees are also under constant threat by TMC hooligans led by one Minister of West Bengal Government for last three years. The Comrades who were manhandled during strike could not submit any FIR as they were afraid of being arrested by Police. This is the order of the day in West Bengal; the victims of attack are being arrested and those who attacked are set free.
Our Comrades specifically Gramin Dak Sevaks were compelled to leave their houses as they are supporters of left forces and carrying red flag of their union. Attacks were made in the Conferences of Postal Union and Pensioners Associations in various places including Kolkata. The displaced comrades could not attend offices and taking leave. Few of them had to face disciplinary action for continuing on leave for more than 180 days leave.
Administration specially in Postal Department taking advantage of this political situation are harassing and issuing charge sheets against NFPE comrades. The appellate authority also reviews the punishment to enhance it. Two comrades were awarded compulsory retirement. Another comrade was also rewarded with same punishment after Rule 14 proceedings. Those three cases were for launching demonstration.
Attempts are being taken to change union by way of intimation and threats by the supporters of TMC. In spite of it most of the new recruits are enrolling themselves in our unions due to sustained efforts taken by our Comrades. The TMC Party leaders are intervening in the internal affairs of the Postal administration to get our organizers transferred. The common employees specially lady employees are being transferred to inconvenient places and after putting them in inconvenience the transfer order is being reversed if the employee joins unions supporting TMC.
Comrades all over the state are fighting for redressal. But the same is not enough as situation is worsening day by day.
CONFEDERATION CALLS UPON ALL CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES TO OBSERVE “WEST BENGAL SOLIDARITY DAY” ON 27TH AUGUST 2014 THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY
National Secretariat of the Confederation while condemning such Government sponsored hooliganism in West Bengal, expresses full support and solidarity with the struggle of the people and working class and demands upon the State Government in West Bengal to put a stop to such attacks and onslaughts. Confederation calls upon the entire Central Government Employees of our country to organize solidarity action and campaign against the ongoing brutalities by the fascist humpen-led TMC regime on the democratic people and working class of West Bengal.
Confederation National Secretariat further calls upon all District/State units and also affiliated organisations to observe “WEST BENGAL SOLIDARITY DAY” on 27th August 2014, throughout the country.
K.K.N. Kutty M. Krishnan,
National President, Secretary General.