Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Circular No. 33/2009



Manishinath Bhawan,

A/2/95 Rajouri Garden

New Delhi. 110 027.



Dated: 25th August, 2009,



Dear Comrade,


            The Government has issued orders for releasing the 2nd instalment of the 6th CPC related arrears (60%).today.  We are reproducing the said order.


            With greetings,


Yours fraternally,

K.K.N. Kutty

Secretary General.



Government of India

Ministry of Finance

Department of Expenditure.

Implementation Cell.


New Delhi datd the 25th August, 2009


Subject.            Payment of Second instalment of arrears on account of implementation of Sixth Central Pay Commission's recommendations.


            As communicated vide this Department's Resolution No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29th August, 2008, the Government had decided that the arrears on account of implementation of Sixth Central Pay Commission's recommendations  will be paid in cash in two instalments- first instalment of 40% during the years 2008-09 and the remaining 60% in the financial year 2009-10.  The first instalment has already been paid in 2008-09.  It has now been decided that the remaining 60% of arrears may now be paid to the concerned Government servants.


2.                  Further, as already stipulated vide this Department's O.M. No.1(2)/EV/2008 dated 17th August, 2009, in the case of post 01-01-2004 entrants into the Central Government, the second instalment of arrears may be released only after individual application forms for registration to the New Pension scheme have been obtained by the DDO/PAO from the concerned Government Servant.

3.                  As in the case of the first instalment of arrears, Government servants will be permitted to deposit their arrears in their GPF Accounts. Though not mandated, Government servants are encouraged to deposit their arrears in their GPF  Accounts.


  1. Hindi version will follow.





All Ministries/Departments of Government of India and others ( as per standard list)

Copy also to Department of Pensions and Pensioners' welfare –for issuing orders for releasing 60% of the arrears in the case of pensioners.