Dated: 13th September, 2007
Placed hereunder is the copy of the strike notice to be served on all
heads of departments and offices on 19th September, 2007 by holding
demonstrations in front of all offices. Kindly print a copy of the
same and circulate to all concerned State/Circle/Branch/Unit
Draft Strike Notice
(to be typed in the letter head of the concerned Union/Federation.
……………..(Head of the Deptt)/Head of office,
The Confederation of Central Govt. employees and workers, to which
the ………………is affiliated have decided to organize a day's strike on
30th October, 2007 in pursuance of the following demands and
accordingly have served the notice for the strike on the Government.
I in my capacity as ……………(post held by the signatory to this letter)
am to inform you that the employees of ………………..department who are
members of ………………….(Name of the Union/Association/Federation) will be
on strike on 30th October, 2007.
Name of the post held by the signatory
Charter of Demands
1. Scrap the PFRDA Bill and Cancel appointment of the Pension
fund Managers; Introduce statutory pension scheme for the new
2. Grant full Trade Union rights including the right to strike
to all Government employees through appropriate legislation;
3. (a) Stop downsizing the Government departments, privatization
and contractorisation/ casualisation of Governmental and teaching
functions. Stop contractual appointments of teachers and workers,
regularize all daily rated, casual and contingent employees
(b) Lift the Ban on recruitment and fill up the existing vacancies of
all Government departments, educational institutions and State
undertakings; Provide job to jobless
4. Grant Interim relief of minimum of Rs.1000/-/ to all Central
Government employees. Implement the 6 th CPC recommendation with
effect from 1.1.2006.
5. Bring down the abnormally rising prices of essential
commodities and strengthen subsidized public distribution system.
6. Merge of 50% DA with basic pay with all consequential benefits
and release of all DA instatements to the State Govt. employees.
7. Withdraw the 5% cap and other restrictions on compassionate
appointment. Restore the compassionate appointment scheme wherever it
8. Stop the proposal to replace the CGHS by Medicare insurance scheme.
9. Implement all pending awards of the Board of Arbitration.
10. Remove the quantum ceiling on Bonus and grant bonus to all.
11. Set up a Judicial Committee for wage revision of Grameen Dak
Sewaks in replacement of Nataraja Murthy Committee.
12. Increase GPF& Small Savings' interest rates and restore to its